Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi. My mate's 04 1800 alternator needs replacing. Where do you all get yours from in the US? I've seen some on ebay, but they don't ship to the UK. The price seems to range from $275 - $160. Do you all get the genuine Honda or are the aftermarket ones ok?

Any UK members, where do you get yours? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Compufire makes one for the 1800

OR

Ken Hemmings, a member rebuilds and upgrades

:waving:

·
751 Posts
imported post

Ken Hemmings will rebuild it It needs to be taken out of the bike & set to him ! Im not sure of his web page but try www.Ken Hemmings.com anyway someone will be along soon to give you a link !

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Some of the UK members complained about Compufire not honoring the warranty over there. Ken Heming's recons could be a better investment for you guys, he stands by his product no matter where the customer lives.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, we have a guy in the UK who will rebuild the old one, but my mate wants to get a new one and just keep the old as a spare.

So am I correct in thinking that no-one buys a genuine Honda one?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Anything man made is prone to breakage. I don`t think the 1800 alternators have as bad of a record as the newer 1500 alternators had. I would look into rebuilding your stock one if possible.

If you could find a used one over there at a wrecking yard, that might be a source for a spare.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

so a club member tells me the ones from the States are Chinese ones (unless genuine Honda) i thought i remember reading on a thread somewhere that the Chinese ones are not good. any thoughts? What kind of mileage are those of you who've used them getting?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Which ones from the states?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

Try sending a pm to Crezz. He got one sent from the States last year and I think it was reasonably priced. couldn't tell you if it was a chinese one though.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Have you tried Ken Heming? I believe he ships all over. Or if you need a Compufire, you will find a dealer over in the UK. I don't know anyone who bought one off Honda, primarily because of the high price.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks again, really apreciate the help. Already in touch with Crezz, his is a Chinese. Trying to persuade my mate to have a re-con if poss, our local dealer says it's usually only the brushes which cause probs. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

My mate has decided to go for a new one (£107 on Ebay) and then I'm gonna strip his old one down and see what's going on. it'll be interesting to see. I'll report back and let you know what i find. Thanks again for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.