Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've noticed that some add on parts for 1800's are year dependant. Like '06 or newer.

During the GL1800 Version 1, what years deviated from previous years in either small ways or big and what were they?

I have a GL1500 but am curious on the differences.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I thought it was only cosmetic. Rear lights are ghosted, front nose vents?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

the bigger changes were made in 2006.

shttp://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/drwCustom.php?page=goldwing_history

steve has the history of all wings

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I think the 2005 was the best year. That was the last year they had only two models available, ABS and Non-ABS. The other stuff Honda piled on starting with 2006 is available aftermarket and I for one like to have a choice, like the Garmin 550 and XM radio receiver that can be transfered to my house or car or boom box. Soo it's 2005 that is best... yep fer sure...

Oh.... the fact that I own a 2005 may also have just a little something to do with my opinion!!!! Har Har

Corventure Dave

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

corventure wrote:
I think the 2005 was the best year. That was the last year they had only two models available, ABS and Non-ABS. The other stuff Honda piled on starting with 2006 is available aftermarket and I for one like to have a choice, like the Garmin 550 and XM radio receiver that can be transfered to my house or car or boom box. Soo it's 2005 that is best... yep fer sure...

Oh.... the fact that I own a 2005 may also have just a little something to do with my opinion!!!! Har Har

Corventure Dave
+1 2005 is the best, as long as it is Yellow!:18yellow:\

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Very little changes from 01-05. 2006 was the biggest change until the 2012 which is another big face lift.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

choppas wrote:
Very little changes from 01-05. 2006 was the biggest change until the 2012 which is another big face lift.
I'd call it a butt lift. The 2012 has one ugly butt! The face got better, the behind got uglier.:shock:

Gene:action:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.