Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have 04 1800, when i switch my music, (wheather it be radio or aux) from my headset to my outside speakers, I will get a message on my readout saying, CB ERROR, the message will be flashing, and my cb will not work. my cb works fine when i have my music coming through my headset. anybody have any ideas what my problem might be

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Have you removed the saddle recently? You could have disturbed the large CB connector under there. Either way it is the first place to check when you get CB errors.

·
Old School Guru
7,885 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Have you removed the saddle recently? You could have disturbed the large CB connector under there. Either way it is the first place to check when you get CB errors.
Yes, there is a good chance that englished is right. It doesn't take much for one of the many connectors to loosen up, also check the headset connector for the back seat, and the rear speaker connectors.:smiler:

Gene:byebye:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Before digging under the saddle, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect, that works in many cases. Also check the antenna ground strap, they are known to break. If it's not broken, check the grounds for tightness and corrosion.

·
Old School Guru
7,885 Posts
imported post

chili wrote:
where is the antenna ground strap located??
In the trunk, it is the metal strap going from the cb antenna to a bolt in the bottom of your trunk.:action:

On another note, I also found that if your cord going to your headset has a wet connection, it can also cause a CB error. Had that happen this weekend to me. Cleaned the connections and error was gone.:smiler:

Gene:byebye:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.