Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:baffled:I've just recently bought a CB radio for an 1800 from Stuart Hall. My Son is going to fit for me. Anyone got any Photos of one fitted so I can show him? He reckons it won't look right. Its not the Honda made one.

Cheers Royce :waving:

The other member located on the Isle of Woman, and open to bribes. Will accept euros:cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

What do you guys do with all those cat tails!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

:dude:Use them for a whip round or curry them.

Royce:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

We would luv to talk about them on our CB's, but there seems to be no intelligence out there, to assist us on how to fit them.:action::action::action::action::action:

Well back to the pub to put the world to right.:waving::waving::waving:

Redwing can you help?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Is the Isle Of Man anywhere near the Isle of Women???:bat:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

:dude:That's for us to know, and you to find out

Royce:action:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

My understanding is that the one that Jack got from Stuart can be fitted in the left pocket as well. Stuart sells a moulded plastic cover that replaces the pocket lid and you can access the buttons on the CB easier than having it in the trunk. The installation is supposed to be easy, full instructions in the kit. But if you have problems Stuart is always willin to help if you mail him.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

:DThanks for all the help. My son has spoken to Stuart and has got it sorted. Thanks everyone

Royce:clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
Redwing can you help?
Hey manxblackcat, :waving:No Sir. I dont know anything about C.B's. :clapper:Thats my greatest enjoyment when out on my neighbours :18red:I dont have to talk to or with anyone :jumper:eek:nly when I get lost of course. :baffled:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Redwing on this one. On my helmet speakers I have the following choices:- The wife chattering in my ear or snoring, the radio on AM/FM, choice of music from CD player in rear, MP3 Player in front left pocket in aux plug and finally the Sat Nav pumping out directions. There is only so much you can take so there is not much need in my book personally for the addition of a CB Radio. There is so much stuff coming through the intercom it is easy to forget you are on a bike and concentrating on the cars out there trying to knock you off.

We can become the victim of our own evolution. On route to Irish Treffen last year I stopped at red lights behind four other wings at the bottom of a drivewayto my immediateleft. Guy reverses out of driveway straight for my trailer only to stop when he hears several loud horns from us bikers. He gets out looking puzzled at the commotion, looks down and see the trailer and exclaims. "What the heck is that attached to the back of your bike." When we drove off on green he was still scratching his head in amazement and I felt extremely lucky not to have one very squashed trailer. :)

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I'm not one for all the noise... some people need constant chatter or some kind of "entertainment." I guess they can't stand the thought of being alone with themselves.

For me, being alone on the bike only with my thoughts, and the sound of the wind and motor is bliss. It's all about escape. When I get on the bike the last thing I want is a bunch of senseless "noise" to distract me from the ride.

I suppose some are more social creatures than others.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I'm not one for all the noise... some people need constant chatter or some kind of "entertainment." I guess they can't stand the thought of being alone with themselves.

For me, being alone on the bike only with my thoughts, and the sound of the wind and motor is bliss. It's all about escape. When I get on the bike the last thing I want is a bunch of senseless "noise" to distract me from the ride.

Amen Brother! I can't understand people who have to bring their #$%$%^^& music players to the beach or other peaceful place. At the Seattle boat show I was repelled to see that almost all the new boats have speakers mounted all over them. EVEN SAILBOATS!!!!!! SACRILEGE!!!!

:whip::whip::whip:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:

Hey chaps

Steady on, we are talking about the worlds most popular and Indeed the best TOURING machine.

The reason we fit the CD, MP3, CB and GPS to our machines is because we use them for TOURING greater distances, than just our work place or good weather run outs.

The CB has its uses in its own right, thats why Honda fits them as standard to the US machines, the reason we in the UK and Ireland have to fit them at our cost, because we get ripped off by Honda, so it is just not an add on, it is an accessory that should have been provided with the bike.

Living on such a large mass of land and a never ending road, Royce and I require the CB to keep in touch, it is a matter of survival not a necessary.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
because we use them for TOURING greater distances, than just our work place or good weather run outs.
Aye, very important for safety in a group,. Ive ridden in groups up to 50 cycles with and without CB communications, it can be dangerous to not at least have part of the group with 2-way radios. Unfortunately the ones that often didnt have them couldnt afford the massive (insert your local currency) to buy a Honda or other terribly overpriced manufacturers system.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Well said Dave, it comforting to know a Guru thinks along the same lines as a common poster.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
The CB has its uses in its own right, thats why Honda fits them as standard to the US machines.
Hey manxblackcat, :waving:Thats news to me. :baffled:I didn't think Honda fitted CB's as standard to the U.S. :18red:You might need to check that again. :stumped:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Dave Campbell wrote:
manxblackcat wrote:
because we use them for TOURING greater distances, than just our work place or good weather run outs.
Aye, very important for safety in a group,. Ive ridden in groups up to 50 cycles with and without CB communications, it can be dangerous to not at least have part of the group with 2-way radios. Unfortunately the ones that often didnt have them couldnt afford the massive (insert your local currency) to buy a Honda or other terribly overpriced manufacturers system.

As I said... some are more social than others. Personally I don't like riding in large groups.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.