Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My battery seems good and the battery maintainer shows it is fully charged. The 1500's had a fuse for the clock and radio presets but I don't find one on the 1800. The customized opening ceremony won't stay either. Is it a bad battery or fuse problem?

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

IMHO I think it's the battery.............

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I've seen this before. First check fuse no. 22. If that's okay then your battery is the cause, first check the terminal connections for tightness. If they are in order then you need another battery.

The GL1800 needs a battery in top condition, if the voltage drops then the LCD loses its memory. A new battery is the answer. My battery was only a year old and still started the engine, but was losing enough power overnight for the clock to lose its memory. I can't remember if the radio lost memory also because I fitted the new battery before resetting the channels.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

The battery voltage is 12.5 volts under no load and reads 11.5 v when ignition key is turned on. It starts right up but maybe the voltage drops too low to keep the clock and opening ceremony in memory. I don't know...that's why I'm here. Thanks Norman for your post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.