Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After a short ride to the store and back everything was fine till I later wanted to garage the bike.Turned on the switch ,nothing ,dead.Checked the kill switch (ok)..Got the manual out ,it said check the 2 main fuses,both were OK,checked the battery,it still has juice in it.I'm at a loss...Any Ideas will be welcomed thanks...JERE

PS My wing is a 2001 with 93,000 miles on it and never had a problem of any kind.....

·
Administrator
24,365 Posts
imported post

When you say the battery still has juice in it do you mean you measured the voltage? And did you turn the key on and measure the voltage with a load on it?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
When you say the battery still has juice in it do you mean you measured the voltage? And did you turn the key on and measure the voltage with a load on it?
I Didn't measure the voltage I held a small lite to the terminals..Turning the key shows nothing as it is completely dead...

·
Administrator
24,365 Posts
imported post

I forgot to mention to check the battery connections but your test light will tell you not much. If you connect the test light and turn the switch on however and the light goes out or dims that would tell you the battery is most likely dead.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I Didn't measure the voltage I held a small lite to the terminals..Turning the key shows nothing as it is completely dead...
OK..I think I found the problem,the battery is shorted out.I put my charger on it and it registered a short in the batt. Tommorrow I'll get a new one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.