Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:)glad to be here.i hope to get to know some of you later but i have a pressing problem. iam in the middle of installing a fog light kit on my 2005 1800. ive got them all hooked up as per instructions and no fog lights. iam using the harness that was in the kit. but iread an article that steve wrote and it sounded like the 1800 must be pre wired for these lights. is that correct? help!

thanks

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum gwwingrider. :waving:

All USA models have the wiring in place and you just need to plug in the foglights (plug & play). It's the UK and European models that don't have any wiring on the bike for the foglights at all and you have to wire them up from scratch. As you are in the USA I guess you have a US spec Goldwing so it will be the same procedure as you seen in Steves tutorial and video.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hello gwwingrider :waving:Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum gwwingrider. If I read you correctly, you already connected the foglights and switch up to the Wing and the foglights won't work. Is that correct? Ar eyou using Hondaline fogs or the EC or Showchromes? The Honda one only work when the main lights are on. I think the EC ones work no matter whether the high or low beams are on. :waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

That's right Dave, the aftermarket ones worked independently of the headlight switch which is a better way than the Honda items.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Yes I forgot about that Norman, also of course the aftermarket lights are cheaper than Honda ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.