Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
25,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monroe SA1997 can be had for about $6 each. Had this idea a long time ago but just now got a roundtuit :smile2:. The top (small opening) loos too small but it will stretch over the fork tube. I cut 3 bellows off the bottom, slid them on and zip tied them below the large part of the top of the slider. I punctured them just at the top of the slider to relieve air pressure and to be able to tell if a fork seal starts leaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
fork boots

Those look good. But I would maybe make the hole you made large enough to let condensation drain also. I have seen lots of rusted fork tubes because of sealed fork boots.

Just a thought.

Rayjoe

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I just bought a 1500 fork protector on eBay, carved it a little, painted it black, and zip-tied it to the Kury fork brace I run. So far so good, but I only have 110k miles on her so far.

·
Administrator
25,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look good. But I would maybe make the hole you made large enough to let condensation drain also. I have seen lots of rusted fork tubes because of sealed fork boots.

Just a thought.

Rayjoe
And a good thought.

·
Administrator
25,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just a thought.

Rayjoe

Took a ride Sunday, made a stop and looked at them, they were sucked in, had a vacuum in them, so I had to make some slits higher up to let air back in. Don't ever go anywhere without a knife.

Reactions: rayjoe

·
Administrator
25,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I had thought of this when I had my forks off to replace the seals on my trike.

I thought of it right after I had replaced my fork seals but it wasn't a big deal to take them off again. Took about an hour.

·
Administrator
25,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Chrome if for guys with small ____!
A friend of mine told his grandson that if he agreed to not to pretty up his truck to attract girls he'd pay for the boy's ____ enlargement. So far nether has happened.

Reactions: DBohrer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts