Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am replacing the fuel pump only in this motorcycle. When I pulled the pump apart the reducing sleeve and o ring fell out together. This is on the output end of the pump. Has anyone taken this apart to know if the o ring goes on first or the reducing sleeve. Honda does not show this on microfische disected so the o rings I guess cannot be bought? Any help out there would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

I Jjimijet

Go to this adress http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm = PDF service manuel

and download the service manual for 1800, go to page 5-54

FlyBoy2121

Jimijet wrote:
I am replacing the fuel pump only in this motorcycle. When I pulled the pump apart the reducing sleeve and o ring fell out together. This is on the output end of the pump. Has anyone taken this apart to know if the o ring goes on first or the reducing sleeve. Honda does not show this on microfische disected so the o rings I guess cannot be bought? Any help out there would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I just got back to this project and the oring will not go back into the recess where it sits above the reducing sleeve. Maybe it swelled by the gas after it sat out for a month. ZEKE66 said the oring goes on the output stem first, then the reducing sleeve. The service manuel mentioned does not pull the fuel pump so it don't show the inside parts where the fuel pump is, as to the orings. I don't want to buy a used one for any parts. So if anybody knows where these orings can be gotten or identified I could really use the help.. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

I Jimijet :waving:

I found this page in my Clymer manual pump assembled.

This page may by help you.

FlyBoy2121

I just got back to this project and the oring will not go back into the recess where it sits above the reducing sleeve. Maybe it swelled by the gas after it sat out for a month. ZEKE66 said the oring goes on the output stem first, then the reducing sleeve. The service manuel mentioned does not pull the fuel pump so it don't show the inside parts where the fuel pump is, as to the orings. I don't want to buy a used one for any parts. So if anybody knows where these orings can be gotten or identified I could really use the help.. Thanks,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

If I understand your question right, the o ring goes on the plastic sleeve first and then you push it in.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

I GoWing

With this picture, no error is possible. :thumbsup:

The Oring gasket it is placed first on the tank.

FlyBoy2121

wrote:
If I understand your question right, the o ring goes on the plastic sleeve first and then you push it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.