Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all! I really enjoy visiting the board here. Lots of great info and some very amusing stories.

I just completed the SaddleSore 1000 last weekend. Had a wonderful time with some good friends, even though they ride Harley's. :dude:

Anyways, I pulled a real dorkfish move and left my gas cap sitting on top of a gas pump and of course didn't realize it until my next fuel stop. I've checked with 5 different Honda bike dealers in the area and no one has one sitting on the shelf. I was just curious if anyone knows if there is a Honda automoble cap that will fit or any other alternatives for that matter. I've promised the wife that we'd go out this weekend for a ride together but would really like to have a cap on the tank.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

my only suggestion would be to mic the size of the filler neck and head down to a honda dealer to compare.......sorry i could not help any more than this...

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the info, guys. I've been called out of town for a job tomorrow so I won't be able to do anything for a couple of days now. When and if I'm able to locate something that works, I'll be sure and post.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Just a little update. I've found that the gas caps from the Honda CR50 upto the CR650 dirt bikes will fit the 1800. Only problem is they have the vent hole in the top of the cap but will work in a pinch if required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.