Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening there has been several questions about charging systems on a GL1800.
Questions asked where is the regulator and most times the answer goes un answered.
For an update there is a voltage regulator and rectifier located below the battery box.
I had a problem with charging after changing the ALT. Still the problem existed.
Now i'm good to go.Please check out your regulator and review all ground connections and terminals.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
the 1800 has an Alternator, and all modern Alternators have Internal Regulators.

so you won't find an external regulator like on the 4 cylinder bikes.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Good evening there has been several questions about charging systems on a GL1800.
Questions asked where is the regulator and most times the answer goes un answered.
For an update there is a voltage regulator and rectifier located below the battery box.
I had a problem with charging after changing the ALT. Still the problem existed.
Now i'm good to go.Please check out your regulator and review all ground connections and terminals.
That regulator is not part of the charging system, not even related. It is the regulator for the reverse system.
As AZ said, the regulator is built into the alternator.

·
Premium Member
67,750 Posts
Hallo Motorcycle Junkyarddog

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts