Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay, guys and gals, here's the deal, my son gifted me with a set of ccl halo lights that go around the front headlight and provide more light and attract attention to yourself going down the road. Problem is l have no idea how to get to the assemblies and with the headlight being adjustable, just what am l getting myself into to install them? The instructions start at "with the assembly removed from the bike" Has anyone else installed them and if so was it worth the trouble? Looking for some advise.....

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

You first have to remove the fairing, instructions start something like "remove the license plate", just kidding there but you do need a manual. Way too much for me to explain here.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Got one coming, but thought it might be less complicated than that. The weather is right for tearing down a bike.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Checked out the link and its going to be fun using the wifes oven to work on a bike, but it will look good. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oven is to be used to heat up the lighlite assembly thus allowing the two halfs to be separated. 300 degrees for ten minutes should just about do it. Guessing this is in loo of a heat gun.:readit::readit:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Are those halo light dual beam, hi/low beam?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

They ae CCFL angel eyes that go around the existing bulb inside the assembly. Their purpose is to cast a bright glow around the existing halogen bulb. The have a lite blue cast and make your bike more visible in both daylight and darkness. They definitely attract attention as l have seen them on a few bikes at wing rallies. It appears they are time consuming to install, but hopefully worth it.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

I just don't think I would put my headlights in a 300* oven. You want to be visible get HIDs.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Have HID's and now have CCFL's as well. Oven worked well and they match my blue lights already on the bike. Be seen, by any way possible.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

Got pictures?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Due to the weather around here l have kept it inside my VERY small shed. As soon as the weather permits l will pull it out and snap some pics. With an Artic White bike, the blue lights are quite nice. Plan on completing my light project during the remaining winter months and have it fully lit up by spring :cheers:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.