Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

been riding bikes all my life but just finally got to where I could buy my first Goldwing and I love it. I 'stole' my brothers Wing every chance I got and now I have my own. Problem is that even with riding them as often as I could 'steal or borrow' one, I never had reason to change the headlight bulbs on a Wing. I want to change out my OEM bulbs with PIAF bulbs but can't figure it out. I hate being such a dunce on this, but I hate even more having to pay someone to do it for me. Help.:(

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

mongotro,

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

Ask your question over on the Tech forum you will get more replies towards techie stuff there. :)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

mongotro wrote:
been riding bikes all my life but just finally got to where I could buy my first Goldwing and I love it. I 'stole' my brothers Wing every chance I got and now I have my own. Problem is that even with riding them as often as I could 'steal or borrow' one, I never had reason to change the headlight bulbs on a Wing. I want to change out my OEM bulbs with PIAF bulbs but can't figure it out. I hate being such a dunce on this, but I hate even more having to pay someone to do it for me. Help.:(
The low beams are not so bad. Practice well, you are going to need it when you get to the high beams. Turn the handlbar to the lock on the side you wish to tackle first, get a good flashlight and take a peek up behind the low beam. You will see a large rubber dust cover about three inches round with two pull tabs on it, pull that off, unplug the pin connector. Now the bulb and bulb socket adapter is held into the light housing with a small spring clip wire, remove that and the bulb and adapter come out. Pull out the old bulb and install the new one, installation is in the reverse. Wear rubber gloves or something when installing the new bulb and do not touch the surface of the bulb as oil in your fingerprints will heat up and break the bulb. Now go do the other side.

As for the high beams, you have to remove the left and right pockets and more or less work by feel, they are not a whole lot of fun.

Kit

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

[align=left]HelloMongotro and welcome from Arizona.:byebye:[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromForestburg

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the State of Confusion......Kansas! :waving:

Good luck with the bulbs, like Kit says they are not fun but if I can change them, anyone can! :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Hello! Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

thanks guys, especially Kit, I really appreciate the help. It's amazing how easy things are when you're pointed in the right direction. Already got the bulbs changed. Went for a short run tonight to see if the PIAF bulbs improved the only thing about my Wing I wasn't happy with. They made a significant improvement, so if any of you feel that the low beams are a little weak like did, it may be away to go.:cool::15red:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.