Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ya'll, it's been a while since i've been here but i have a question for all you techs and 1800 owners. i am replacing my headlights again, it's a 2010. i ride a lot already 4,000 miles this season. last year the left headlight burned out so i replaced both of them. the left one is out again so yes i am replacing both of them. am i noticing a pattern here, i saw on the archive that someone else said his left headlight was out and he was talking about how to replace them. i was wondering how many 1800's have the left light go out, is there something going on here or is it just coincidence :?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I also have a 2010 but have yet to change a headlight.. Perhaps it is a tad bit loose when seated thus burning out more for you..
Good luck.

:18black:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I have a 2004 with almost 80,000 miles on it I bought when it was new. I had a right then a left low beam go out in the second year I had the bike. Since replacing the lights I haven't had any issues. 2 years ago we made the trip to Alaska and back on some pretty rough roads.

I notice the original lights had more/better supports for the filaments than the replacements did. However I haven't had one of the replacements go out yet so that may have no bearing on the issue.

Make sure they are seated well and do not touch the bulb itself. If you do touch it use an alcohol wipe to clean off the bulb. Halogen lights get very hot and any contamination on them will result in damage to the bulb.

Henry

·
Premium Member
67,813 Posts
My riding buddy was having that problem with the right side low beam.. He had to replace the whole socket and the fixed the problem.......

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
For stock headlight bulb replacements, fantastic prices and lifetime guarantee in the bulbs... My go to guy is Don Saenz in Sanger Texas.
972 679 9947

Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
And be sure not to touch the bulb with your naked finger. The natural oil on the finger is supposed to be a real bulb killer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.