Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A little history:
In planning ahead (rare for me) to the late fall / early winter maintenance, I find a need to replace / repair the grip heaters. Having not reviewed the OE system yet, I am looking for worst case scenario of eliminating the OE system and replacing JUST THE GRIP HEATERS with an new system. Having reviewed many comments over the years on this subject, it is leading me in this direction do to the complexity of the system vs the use of only the grip heaters.

No, I do not use the seat heaters, never have because of beaded seat and no passenger so not bypassing this whole system currently makes sense only if a simple fuse or relay is at fault. If more than a simple fix, I think another system that has a good track record needs to be reviewed.

With the above said, I have just left the HOT GRIP site as directed by some internet reviews that indicated this is a good product, supplied by a good reputable company at a fair price. The product reviews together with helpful installation ideas make sense to me as installing a relay to ward off unwanted radio noise.

My request to you is feedback both pro and con on HOT GRIP for the 07 1800 with using their variable output controller and associated other stuff to make a good installation.

I will be contacting Hot Grip for a parts list to complete the installation creating a final material cost.

Thank you for your comments.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

How about just a good pair of heated gloves, no assembly required:?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
How about just a good pair of heated gloves, no assembly required:? 
IR, you are not off track and I do have heated gloves but I also like back-up with electrical issues caused by high humidity down here. Anything under 80 I double up. 90 is just perfect.:ROFL::ROFL:

I rode through ID on my way out of Glacier NP from NASSIR. What a grand state you line in. Can't wait to get back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.