Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, the wife and I have decided to get a hitch for our new 2010 1800. Question is, what is the best hitch to get? Bushtech, Rivco, addon, Kyrk? etc.

any help is appreciated.

Lou

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I've got a cheap, easy to install Add On hitch on my 05. It works great, it's inexpensive, and even though the highline hitches say they don't use the saddlebag frame for support, they still attach to it to prevent side to side movement, and attach to the top almost the same as the Add On hitch. I've pulled my trailer very well loaded with my bike, and it has worked just fine. Got mine a couple of years ago from Cyclemax.:smiler:

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/76/703

Gene:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

I have the Kuryakyn on mine. Previous 1500 had another one. Both are great and do the job.
:18black:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I bought mine from Dauntless here just east of Seattle. Like the best ones the hitch pulls from the frame instead of the bag mounts. Over 50,000 miles pulling the trailer with no issues.

No matter which one you get make sure you get a trailer light isolator so the electrical load of the lamps does not interfere with the ABS or the speed of the turn signals.

Henry

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

thanks guys, i think ill go with the addon for now, may upgrade later who knows.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

ok, another question. Other than the hitch, what else do i need for a first time hitch install on a 2010 Wing?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Wiring harness to hook up trailer lights.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

That depends on your trailer.

If it uses 5 wires (separate turn and brake lights) then no you just need the isolator.

If it uses 4 wires (Brake and turn are the same bulb) then yes you do because the wing has separate brake and turn signals.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

No, get the relay harness as it provides full power to all lights and fully isolates the cycles lighting circuits from the trailer. I use the similar harness on my GL1500.
Happy trailering, Bob

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Biglou, I hope I'm not too late with the advice. I bought an "Add On" vertical receiver hitch(#45-1806) from Goldwingonline.com for my recently acquired '08 GL1800. I also bought the trailer wiring harness (#45-1819), 5 to 4 wire converter (#454-1848) and the vertical receiver hitch rack (#678-034). The hitch rack allowed us to take two extra bags of essential stuff on a trip from Texas to Key West. It is an outstanding piece of equipment. The total cost was $296.80. It cost me more than that to have it installed at the Honda dealership. I just didn't have time to do it.

I am pleased with the product. When not using the hitch rack, I use the vertical trailer hitch to carry my 3' x 5' flag on PGR missions.

Chief

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Got the same setup from wingstuff Seabeechief. Very pleased, pulled the little harbor freight/car topper trailer great.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

I'm glad it worked out for you, biglou. If live was any better, I would have to write a book.

Chief

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.