Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thenew 1800 I purchased yesterday is built to Australian specs and as such the only red lights and stop lights that work at the rear are the ones in thetop trunk. Does any one know what is involved in getting the red lights in the left and right saddlebags to work.I like to have as many lights as possible working to givethose in cages the best chance of seeing me.

Regards to all.

John S

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I believe the European models are like this as well. You can buy the bulbholders and wiring harness fro Honda, but it isn't plug & play so you have to splice the wires into the main harnes inside the saddlebag (under the lock mechanism cover inside the top of the sadlebags).

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
Thenew 1800 I purchased yesterday is built to Australian specs and as such the only red lights and stop lights that work at the rear are the ones in thetop trunk. Does any one know what is involved in getting the red lights in the left and right saddlebags to work.I like to have as many lights as possible working to givethose in cages the best chance of seeing me.

Regards to all.

John S
AW, John, you are just showing off now, cuz you got a new 1800 baby!!. You know full well that RED Wings dont need those extra lights working, only the fast BLACK ones need to let the cagers know that they are slowing rapidly!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Having visited a Goldwing shop yesterday, I can tell you, the main thing you will need is loadsa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I am frantically researching my family tree, to try and find a long lost relative, who may have been sent to Aus, on a convict ship, made a fortune, died, and left me tons of ££££££££, so I can afford to be a "Newbie 1800 rider". So far no luck!!:baffled:Any chance you could ride round NZ to see if they moved there after making good?:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

John, Youwill need the wire harness for each saddlebagleft side part number is 32130-MCA-670, right side is 32180-MCA-670. You need 2 bulbholders as well, part number is 33720-MCA-003. You will have to cut the inner ends off the harness and splice into the main one in the saddlebags like Eddie said.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey cbhon :waving:Exactly as gaswing stated. :clapper:My neighbour got these lights fixed when he bought his euro :18red:and they area great job. The other part that you should consider fitting is the trunk lid spoiler :banana:with the brake light fitted as run and brake. :weightlifter:That will really allow the cagers to see you.:hovering:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Also you have to drill out the holes in the rear lights as the spots where the bulb holders go are blanked off.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to everyone that replied. Now the question is, does anyone know of a dealer/company that would have these parts.

Regards to all,

John S

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
Thanks to everyone that replied. Now the question is, does anyone know of a dealer/company that would have these parts.

Regards to all,

John S
HGB Motorcycles in Ruislip, UK have all the goodies for 1800s, but I am guessing USA is cheeper. I have the catalogue by email from a supplier in USA who has been very reliable in sending me stuff. I have lists and prices for loads of 1800 bits from him. If you send me a PM with your email address, I would be happy to pass them to you.

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
Hey cbhon :leprechaun: Yes sir http://www.wingtoys.com/ :clapper:have everything you require and the best prices in the states. :clapper:phone Sam at 0017138490422 and tell him what you want and get them posted direct to your home. :weightlifter: That phone number is from Ireland :banana:you might have to use a different code from New Zealand. :skipping:

:byebye: :18red: :byebye:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

John, your Honda dealer should have the part numbers on his fiche for the USA models as well. All the Goldwing fiches have the USA models as default and the local one as well. Once you give those part numbers to your dealer he should be able to order them for you no matter where your 1800 came from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.