Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got a '05 1800 and want to add passenger armrests and top luggage rack.

Any input would be appreciated.

Now I must sell my near perfect '88 with those goodies!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

we added the kuryakyn to our 1800 cuz mama liked the looks as well as the built in drink holder.

We've ridden about 5,000 miles with these installed and have had absolutely no negative issues with them.

Dowside:

• if you do get these be sure to warn all passengers not to put they're weight on them because the bolt to the plastic of the trunk and although they're reinforced, I've read reports of them being broken because the passenger put weight on them when positioning themselves.
  • you must swing them out to fully open the trunk and although we're used to it, we still forget at times but no big deal.
Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to a really great forum. Lots of free information and advice here.:waving:

Ours is also a 2005

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
imported post

i have a 2007 1800 and have kuryakyn items installed when i brought it new. kuryakyn makes great stuff it is high buck. but you know what they said , you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I also fitted Kuryakyn to my '06, I pretty much echo Wrongways comments.

Missus loves them, and I use the drinks holder too when I'm solo.

I tried the other kind first, that bolt to the grab handles, I don't think they look as good, although they are stronger. We had to remove the rear seat heater control to try them out, not an issue with an '05 I am thinking.

D-Rod has them now, you could PM him for his opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.