Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Two new :18red:for sale at Monaghan & Sons in Galway Ph.091.751919. :clapper: The colours are :18white::18black:and are that dreaded US Spec. :crying:price, :grinner: wait for it :jumper:= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 25750 euro. :clapper: Now lets see who wants to buy an :18red:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

They are all trying to get on the Wing bandwagon. Shops that never heard of a Goldwing before are buying in one or two hoping to make a killing. I would prefer to pay the extra few hundred and get one from a shop that has sold them before and know how to fix them if something goes wrong. Shops that don't usually bother with Wings should really be selling them several thousand under book, not just several hundred.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey Marky, If the :18red:are new or under two years old they are coverd by the Honda Warrenty. :clapper:It does'nt matter if you bought it in timbucktoo from Mr Crook. :gunhead: The guys who go to all the trouble bringing them from the U.S. dont bring them back to the U.S. if they give trouble. (Which they dont anyway):jumper:So get your cheque book out and no more excuses. :grinner:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Marky wrote:
They are all trying to get on the Wing bandwagon. Shops that never heard of a Goldwing before are buying in one or two hoping to make a killing. I would prefer to pay the extra few hundred and get one from a shop that has sold them before and know how to fix them if something goes wrong. Shops that don't usually bother with Wings should really be selling them several thousand under book, not just several hundred.
Hi Marky

if you can find a shop thats knows how to fix a goldwing let me know ,,the best people to fix a goldwing are the guys in the club who know what they are talking about,all you have to do is read the forum here to know that ,,,The majority of people who have left wings in to shops for repair have faired out with big bills and very little else ...

Most times after getting there wings back from the shops ,they usually end up going to one of the guys in the club to fix the same problem that they had paid the shop to do .Only this time it is done properly and at half the price:) cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Marky, If the :18red:are new or under two years old they are coverd by the Honda Warrenty.
Easier said than done sometimes. I know a man who bought a new 1500 from Planet Moto a few years ago. The windshield developed a crack because it was rattling loose (it turned out that it had been fitted wrong, the adjuster sliders in the wrong place) and Moto wouldn't honor the warranty. They said that the Honda Ireland warranty didn't apply as Moto brought the Wngs in directly from their own UK branch. Their warranty in Ireland only covers engine and gearbox they said, and we all know the chances of engine and gearbox on a Wing needing warrranty work. What a shabby way to treat us. Wasn't the only complaint I heard either. I wonder how many Goldwings that establishment didn't sell as a result of the word going around? :(

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Marky, If the :18red:are new or under two years old they are coverd by the Honda Warrenty. :clapper:It does'nt matter if you bought it in timbucktoo from Mr Crook. :gunhead: The guys who go to all the trouble bringing them from the U.S. dont bring them back to the U.S. if they give trouble.

Hi Redwing,:18red:

I had always heard it explained that "Honda Ireland" (who ever that great big dreaded monster is) would have nothing to do with a bike for warrenty purposes, that was not sold through them. In other words if you bought your bike outside the country and honda irl. did not get their cut out of it, they would not look after you with warrenty. Please tell me :baffled:that i'm wrong and that mother Honda Irl. does not do things like that..........

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

wingdo wrote:
I had always heard it explained that "Honda Ireland" (who ever that great big dreaded monster is) would have nothing to do with a bike for warrenty purposes, that was not sold through them. In other words if you bought your bike outside the country and honda irl. did not get their cut out of it, they would not look after you with warrenty. Please tell me :baffled:that i'm wrong and that mother Honda Irl. does not do things like that..........
Well to be fair there have been exceptions to that rule. I suppose if the bike didn't come through the official channels then they aren't obliged to look after it (and sometimes they just won't), but Iknow more than a few people who were looked after by Honda Ireland even though they had imported their bikes (not just Wings either).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

FitzAl wrote:

Well to be fair there have been exceptions to that rule. I suppose if the bike didn't come through the official channels then they aren't obliged to look after it (and sometimes they just won't), but Iknow more than a few people who were looked after by Honda Ireland even though they had imported their bikes (not just Wings either).

Hey FitzAl, You are 100% correct. :clapper:The other point is, that Honda Ireland wouldlike to see that the :18red:is registered in good old Ireland. :grinner:So dont be running in with an :18red:with a UK, U.S.,or some other fancy looking number plate from some other country, :crying:because more than likely they will tell you to get the next flight or boat to the country of purchase. :XAnd more importantly always use the correct words (language)when dealing with Honda Ireland. :walker: :walker:But the :18red:never gives any trouble so we dont need any warrenty. :jumper:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hi Marky

if you can find a shop thats knows how to fix a goldwing let me know ,,the best people to fix a goldwing are the guys in the club who know what they are talking about,all you have to do is read the forum here to know that ,,,The majority of people who have left wings in to shops for repair have faired out with big bills and very little else ...

Most times after getting there wings back from the shops ,they usually end up going to one of the guys in the club to fix the same problem that they had paid the shop to do .Only this time it is done properly and at half the price:) cheers Ciaran

Wexman is right. :clapper:I would'nt bringa honda 50 to a bike shop. ;)I amlucky that a guy lives close to meon the Island who would be in the same league as the wingnut and does most of my work.:clapper: :18red: :clapper:

Now where are those ! " $ £ % ^ & 8 * ( _ +

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
:crying:price, :grinner: wait for it :jumper:= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 25750 euro.
I hope he sold them quick, a new new 1800 from Capitol MCs in Dublin can now be had for €24000.
That's only 1.5k more expensive than the gl1500 was in its last year of production here! Still its double the price of a gl1800 in the USA.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

What colour are they and do they have ABS.?:weightlifter: They must be the fastest :18red:colour. :jumper: All other colours :18liteblue::18blue::18green::18grey::18white::18yellow::18magenta::18black:can be bought for that kind of money and a bit less. :jumper:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The only reason the dropped the price here is because so many people were fed up being ripped off and started importing their own wings from the states ,And now they drop the price and expect everybody to come running ,,,even at 24000 euro they are still ripping us of and it is not the duty or the VRT or VAT that is pushing up the price ,,it is the greedy dealers...so keep importing until honda Ireland and the dealers see sense ,,,We would love to buy here and support our own,but we are not complete idiots ,,cheers Ciaran

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
The only reason the dropped the price here is because so many people were fed up being ripped off and started importing their own wings from the states ,And now they drop the price and expect everybody to come running ,,,even at 24000 euro they are still ripping us of and it is not the duty or the VRT or VAT that is pushing up the price ,,it is the greedy dealers...so keep importing until honda Ireland and the dealers see sense ,,,We would love to buy here and support our own,but we are not complete idiots ,,cheers Ciaran
Well said man. The dealers always work tohether to keep prices up, milk it for what they can and when someone sells Wings for a grand less than some one else we all flock to them like flies around s**t. Anyone wanting to bring in their own from the USA.... GO FOR IT! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

I see what you guys are talking about. I can't believe the price difference from the US to Ireland/UK. I was looking at the local Honda dealer over here and a new G.W. ABS cost 19,299 US Dollar = 14,603.9 Euro.
I'm sure shipping one there would be cheaper than 10,000 in Euro's (that's13,216.0 US Dollar)

No wonder why you feel your getting sc***d

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I hate to bring this up again.... BUT,, have you guys ever heard of the law of supply and demand? Let these dealers choke on the bikes by not purchasing any of them until they drop the price to a competitive level. Several years ago, (we won't go back too far), Toyota dealers were selling their Supra model for 15 to 20% over list price. People were actually in bidding wars just to get the cars.. The flurry was over for the next years model because the dealers overstocked themselves and flooded the market. Prices dropped to where the buyers would haggle them down $2-$3,000 LESS than retail... I know things are different on the Island, and these wings are prized possesions, but who's running things anyway??? :gunhead:

Is there a way someone here in the states can purchase a bunch of wings and ship them to you all for a lot less money?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

corneo wrote:
I see what you guys are talking about. I can't believe the price difference from the US to Ireland/UK. I was looking at the local Honda dealer over here and a new G.W. ABS cost 19,299 US Dollar = 14,603.9 Euro.
I'm sure shipping one there would be cheaper than 10,000 in Euro's (that's13,216.0 US Dollar)
Plus V.A.T. Plus V.R.T. Plus Custom clearance. :gunhead:The wingnut could tell us how much cheaper it is to import an new:18red:from the states.

:crying: :gunhead: :18red: :gunhead: :crying:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I can buy a new 2005 30th anniversary wing in the states with ABS now for $17000 and if you are paying cash it could even be cheaper ,,I know you have to pay duty +vat on the bike and the shipping and then VRT on the bike ,,but you still save lots of dosh ,,and you can get all your shiney bits fitted before it leaves the states .:D...if I could only find my cheque book .:(:(..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Picking up on the earlier discussion, it is really important that you check the work thata dealer carries out,a colleague at work had a CBR600 brake padschanged by a dealer, long story short, she was nearly thrown off the bike at a motorway junction due to loose calliper bolts, I bought a new bike from the same dealer and had to torque up all of the screws and bolts that were required for assembly by the dealer out of the crate. When getting your bikeserviced, the dealer will normally put the most junior apprentice on this job, as their more senior mechanics will be required for more complex jobs, the results are a loose sump plug, loose filters and a bike in a more dangerous condition that it was before going in. The adviceon this thread is spot on, use your local club members, or better still, learn how to service your machine yourself, I've hada 1200 and a 1500 over the past eight years and neither have ever darkened a dealers door, they have never given a days trouble thanks to home maintenance backed up by solid advice from people in the club and on this forum.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

$26,900.00 Canadian, list price for a 05 1800. We only get the ABS model

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.