Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am new to the Goldwing and recently had one converted to a trike. I have a couple of questions:

1) I noticed today that the running lights aren't on and I couldn't find a switch. Do the come on automatically at night?
2) The gas tank is 6.6 but when I fill up it will only take 4.5 and the gauge is ready E. Is there a switch for the other two gallons or does it go to reserve automatically.

Thank you.

Craig Shumaker

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

1. If the "running" lights you are referring to are in the lower faring, those are usually "cornering" lights and only come on when the left/right signal light is engaged. There are modifications to the wiring that you can do so they can be wired as running lights. Search the forum.

2. Most gas guages are notorious for their accuracy. There is no reserve switch, however, there is a reserve "idiot" light that should come on when you have about .8 gallons left. My guage goes below the E before the light comes on. It would be a good idea to find out where yours comes on too.

·
Administrator
27,005 Posts
imported post

If you are referring to the fog lights or running lights in the lower cowl the switch should be on the left switch panel where the suspension and headlight adjustments and the hazard switch are. They should only come on with low beams.

jmcannonball has it right about the gas gauge, they can vary in reading. My low fuel light comes on at about 1/8 and it will hold 5.5 gal. at that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.