Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

I have seen pictures of screwdrivers gently poping them off. I already have a few marks in the plastic and the way it's going I see broken plastic in my future. For an 08 do they pry off from top of grill or bottom ? Any tricks greatly apriciated.

Thank You Tom

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

The grilles do not come out separately form the instrument cover on an 08. They did I believe on 05 and earlier.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Do not pry! :shock: My service manual says to pry them out. :( The manual is wrong.:? After you take the meter panel off you will see why you cannot pry them out. :) The meter panel can be removed with a gentle pull. :cool: Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Wild Turkey wrote:
How do you remove the meter panel. I have an 08
Stand beside the bike. Grasp the meter top panel on each side just a bit lower than the ignition switch. The panel is plugged into two grommets and with a firm upward pull just pull it up. Now unplug any pin connectors you need to unplug, and the little black connectors to the tweeter for the sound system.

Now you can gently just wiggle it around and the 8 nylon fasteners around the top edges of the speakers will come loose.

The manual says to take the ignition switch cover off, just ignore that, that is a misprint and not needed at all.

Kit

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

This thread is a couple of years old, but I used it today. Somehow, a dead bug managed to get behind the right front speaker cover on my new 2010, and this was exactly the help I needed to get it out of there. It was driving me nuts seeing it in there.

Just wanted to say thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Could have just turned the volume up to "11" and vibrated the little bugger till he was dust ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.