Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guys,

I'm a new member with a problem. This morning I accidentally hit the reverse switch instead of the start on my 2002 1800. Now I am stuck in reverse. The bike won't start and I can't get it out of reverse. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Are you saying the switch is stuck or is the switch ok and the reverse motor stuck and holding the reverse gear? Kit

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

If you make sure the reverse switch is out (off) and turn off the ignition, it should sort itself out when you turn it back on. I have had this happen a couple of times.

If it doesn't then I would check the fuses as a first, if that doesn't help then I don't know, you need a Guru.

Just another thought, is your battery good, I've heard rumours of problems like this if the battery is low. Unfortunately I don't have any specifics to relate.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Good old 1500 Mechanical lever for reverse. You can't have this problem. Honda Honda Honda.... Why do we need a powered switch to power reverse? This is exactly the reason I don't like it. It gets stuck!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Fatman wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm a new member with a problem. This morning I accidentally hit the reverse switch instead of the start on my 2002 1800. Now I am stuck in reverse. The bike won't start and I can't get it out of reverse. Any advise would be appreciated.
The reverse switch is just a button, push on, push off. When you push it in a light on the dash lights up indicating reverse is selected. Push the button again, light goes off and button comes out.

You did not say whether the ignition was on or off. If off, nothing will happen.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

I'm not familiar with the newer wings but in vehicles if you disconnect the battery for awhile then hook it back up the computer will reset itself.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem but if your searching for straws!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.