Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have on several occassionshad my 1800 stumble for a few seconds just as if it was missing real bad. This has happen like 3 times in 22,000 miles.(once while taking a sharp downhill left hand turn) ( the crease is still in the seat). Just recently I have been having trouble getting it started, in that it would not even turn over. Well to make a long story short, I have discovered that it is the kill switch. Once the bike is running the slightest movement of the kill switch causes the bike to shut off. Same if it will not turn over I just have to lightlytouch the kill switch and it will start. So I believe that the few times it stumbledwas because ofthis defective kill switch. All this is for your info. I plan to take her to the dealership tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

My last motorcycle, a 1500, did the same thing. I just touched the kill switch,it was hot and the engine died. After turning it on and off several times it would start.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Hey David. Don't mean to hijack this post but I see you live in Beaver Dam. I live in Central City.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.