Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings to all from down under,

A couple of questionsregarding the suspension on my new 1800 as the owners manual is not quite clear on a couple of points.

Whilst out riding yesterday with her indoors we felt the ride was a bit hard(not bottoming out) and I was wondering if it is ok to lower the pressure whilst ridingto give a softer ride? By the same token, is it ok to raise the pressure whilst riding if I lower the pressure too much and we start bottoming out or do I have to stop and dismount?.As a matter of interest is the pressure adjusted pneumatically or hydraulically?

Regards to all,

John S

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

John, if the suspension is bottoming out then it is set too soft and you need to pump it up. You need to have the bike stopped to adjust the pump, but you can do it with the bike loaded up.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Hi John believe the book says to put the bike on the centre stand (no one on the bike either) and with the engine running adjust the suspension accordingly. If i am on my own I set it to about 15, if her in doors is on the back about 20 and if we are on a trip and fully loaded it gets set to about 23.

Also do not adjust it while you are travelling or even sat on it you could/will get a false reading for the pressure.

Good fun arent they LOL

rgds

Phil

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey cbhon :waving:Greetings to all Down Under from all in Ireland. :clapper:All your questions are answered on page 27,28,& 29 of the owners handbook. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'd think it's much the same as the 1500, I stop and adjust the pressure straddling the bike but without putting my weight on it. I liked the 86 SEI better for that, you could adjust the pressure front and back on the fly.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks to all that took the time to answer. I washoping that it was possible to raise the pressure pretty high and then lower it as we aremoving to find a comfortable position without stopping, but never mindI'm sure Ican live with it.

Regards to all,

John S.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
Thanks to all that took the time to answer. I washoping that it was possible to raise the pressure pretty high and then lower it as we aremoving to find a comfortable position without stopping, but never mindI'm sure Ican live with it.

Regards to all,

John S.
For the longest life of the shock seals, the lowest pressure that satisfies is best.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

OK, I have to ask, Please define" Her Indoors", For us language challenged on this side on the pond, or that side of the other pond or whatever.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

her indoors or the ball and chain or she who must be obeyed (and a few unmentionables LOL) all equal the wife m8 :D:D:

Rgds

Phil

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

gkiesel wrote:
OK, I have to ask, Please define" Her Indoors", For us language challenged on this side on the pond, or that side of the other pond or whatever.
Hey gkiesel :stumped: I think they mean their wife, :stumped: girlfriend :stumped: or partner :stumped:

Im not sure because i dont have a "Her Indoors" :baffled:The only thing i have in my house is "Shep" and he is a male dog. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Greetings to all,

"Her indoors" is a phrase made famous in an English Tv series called "TheMinder" back in the 70s I think, and it refers to ones wife, other half, the boss,she who must be obeyed, the missus, I think you get the picture. As an "ex pat" (person originally from England) that has lived in beautiful New Zealand for the last 15 years I still retain some Engishslang.

Is it only me or do others find this site addictive?. I find I'm looking at this site more and more. Great isn't it. It's getting harder to find time to do all the exciting things in life like cutting the grass, painting, cleaning the yard and since I havea computer at work well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Regards to all,

John S

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the reply guys, yes the site is a bit addictive, that being said I better get to work or I'll have all day and night to read these boards.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Redwing m8 - dont want to swap do you m8 - you have her indoors and i'll take Shep off your hands. Bet you dont get any back chat either LOL

Rgds

Phil

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Phil wrote:
Redwing m8 - dont want to swap do you m8 - you have her indoors and i'll take Shep off your hands. Bet you dont get any back chat either LOL
No Sir :jumper:I wouldn't part with Shep for a new :18red:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

You have heard about my wfe then m8 LOL a VERY sensible man!

Rgds

Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.