Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Folks

My new to me (yesterday) '09' 1800, temperature readout doesn't appears to work! When I press the info button it comes up but I just get a series of dashes, does this mean it's not working or do I need to do something else? Unfortunately the bike didn't come with an owners manuel, something that I will be sorting out later!!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Does the other information pop up when you press the info button like preload, temp, headlight setting, etc?

If it stays just dashes for everything then maybe bad connection on the button side. If it shows other info then maybe a bad airtemp sensor.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum! Glad you're here.
If I remember correctly the temp sensor is under the right top of the shelter and near carb the air intake. It's probably just disconnected. I'ver never heard of anyone having a problem with it. You are correct. Push that button once and temp reads out. Push it twice and you should see the suspension setting.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks chaps, I will take a look tomorrow for a bad connection otherwise it'ts booked in next week for something else so I'll mention it then. Thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

They don't usually come disconnected unless the shelter been off for servicing. At worst case the sensor might just have given up.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Well John you may not have heard of anyone having a problem with it, but now you have heard about two. my 2008 has the problem too.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Well John you may not have heard of anyone having a problem with it, but now you have heard about two. my 2008 has the problem too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.