Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:18orange:

I am getting ready to start another season on my 03 1800. Again I need new tire's. Bike will be two years old 2/07/05. This is my 3rd set bike has 28k. I check pressure and such often. Has anyone come across a better tire for handeling and milage or possible pressure change?Also when towing trailer should pressure be adjusted

Thanks

Great pumpkin

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Getting 28k miles out of two sets of tyres is really good going. You don't say what tyres you used but if mileage is your priority then I'd say buy more of the same. For grip it seems Metzelers are best in the wet, but I've seen posts about them falling apart under hard riding. The newer Bridgestones are a lot better than the old ones, but I'm keen to know if the new Dunlop EIII's will be any better. Dunlops fitted to Goldwings traditionally don't grip all that well in the wet.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

great pumpkin wrote:
I need new tire's. Has anyone come across a better tire for handeling and milage or possible pressure change?Also when towing trailer should pressure be adjusted
Hey great pumpkin, :waving:Welcome to the best forum on the www. :clapper:You dont state what tyres you are currently using :baffled:eek:r what country you live in.:crying: The best tyres to fit to your :18red:for Wet And Dry conditions are Bridgestone. :weightlifter:All other brands take second place. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

TRIED TESTED AND TRUE

DUNLOPS!!!!

Always breaks down to personal choice. All kinds of info and personal testimonials all through the archives of this site. Punch in tires or tyres in the search engine

Kyle

Always a victim of opportunity

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
Getting 28k miles out of two sets of tyres is really good going. You don't say what tyres you used but if mileage is your priority then I'd say buy more of the same. For grip it seems Metzelers are best in the wet, but I've seen posts about them falling apart under hard riding. The newer Bridgestones are a lot better than the old ones, but I'm keen to know if the new Dunlop EIII's will be any better. Dunlops fitted to Goldwings traditionally don't grip all that well in the wet.
Never a truer word spoken. As the tyre maker that Honda chose to shoe the Goldwings from the very start, Dunlop had over 25 years to get it right for the Goldwing and in my opinion they have let us and Honda down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.