Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Last night I was trying to remove a light bulbfrom the trunk of my 1800 and what should have been a 10 minute job has turnedinto a mission. I removed the 3 hex nuts to release the lense covers from the trunk but found that the wires to the bulbholders are too short to let the lense covers come far enough away from the trunk to be able toreach the bulbholders.I cannot pull any more wire through from under the trunk. Does the underside of the trunk come away from the trunk body as per the1500 and if so how. Somehow I need to find more wire, and all to change a light bulb.

Regards to you all,

John S.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

John, this is always a tight squeeze. To take the lower cover off, you need to first remove the side trim pieces , they are held from the inside with Phillips screws. Then you can remove the screws that hold the cover on.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

John, just lift the assembly enough to get your fingers between it and the trunk and twist the bulb holders anti clockwise.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I've got big fat fingers, but I can get to the bulbs by doing as globetrotter says. I can't see why you would need to take the bottom panel off for this job.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
I've got big fat fingers, but I can get to the bulbs by doing as globetrotter says. I can't see why you would need to take the bottom panel off for this job.
Probably the guy in Honda factory had smaler fingers and didn't need as much space! :stumped:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.