Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am thinking about adding a http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/40971 to my 08 1800. I really don't care about the gear indicator that much, (I pretty much know what gear I'm in), but I am courious as to how this thing knows what gear I'm in?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

It plugs into and takes the info from the ECM, which always knows what gear the bike is in so it can regulate the fuel delivery.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

GWNorman, thanks, I couldn't see how a mechanical system, (transmission), could be linked up to a position indicator, unless maybe on the shifting fork.

thanks again.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Actually, it is about the same as the 1500 set-up. The logic is slightly different. It has a break-out harness, that interfaces directly to the gear position switch. So, the gear switch tells it what gear it's in, not the ecu. The ecu gets it's info from this same switch.
I was working on making one, but got side tracked. Maybe, it'll happen, yet. $219.00 is ridiculous for that indicator. $20 worth of parts. Of course the air rider does have auto dim. That may raise the price another few bucks. There's a lot cheaper voltage monitoring systems out there, if you want just voltage. Kury is one that is pretty popular. Then, there's the small Honda voltage analog gauge. Hal has that I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.