Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got this new to me 2006 1800, wanted the windschield up a little farther, I unlocked the two clamps and pulled, nothing, so pulled a little harder, nothing so I pulled a little harder and wam, it went all the way to the top and it's stuck there.I tried to get back down, wiggled it to no avail. I lifted the hood and loosened the all the screws etc and still cannot get it to go back down. Any suggestions?

Randy

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of posts on the forum about that problem Randy. Most times just rocking the screen up and down unsticks it.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Mine did it the day I bought it. Pull to top position stand in front of bike. Pulled slightly forward and it came down.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
imported post

I Hidepounder:waving:

Probably you have the same problem I had.

He did a piece that is moved to the ratchet adjustment
it must be put in place and put a pine that ti voi the end of my screwdriver.

Go to see this adress, the first picture you see is this piece that blocks the Sistema

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193141&highlight=windshield+stuck

I would like to put the other picture but the site would not allow it, or little I do not know how.

FlyBoy2121:action:

Just got this new to me 2006 1800, wanted the windschield up a little farther, I unlocked the two clamps and pulled, nothing, so pulled a little harder, nothing so I pulled a little harder and wam, it went all the way to the top and it's stuck there.I tried to get back down, wiggled it to no avail. I lifted the hood and loosened the all the screws etc and still cannot get it to go back down. Any suggestions?

Randy

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.