Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had my wiring go up in smoke today on my 1974 Honda 750...at the risk of introducing a subject alien to all of us who love our Wings, has anybody out there got the colour coding charts for the wiring for Honda 750's?

Not only do I have to rebuild the engine, I have to figure out the wiring for this sucker.
You can send me an email at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dean wrote:
I had my wiring go up in smoke today on my 1974 Honda 750...at the risk of introducing a subject alien to all of us who love our Wings, has anybody out there got the colour coding charts for the wiring for Honda 750's?

Not only do I have to rebuild the engine, I have to figure out the wiring for this sucker.
You can send me an email at [email protected]
Nice looking bike Dean, I'd bet a Helm manual would do the job!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Dean, Which "K" do you have? I have a Chilton manual that shows K1, K2-K3, K4-K5, K6, and F.

It's getting late, but I can scan one and sent it to you tomorrow. 9-10-05

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
imported post

johnmac wrote:
Dean, Whitch "K" do you have? I have a Chilton manual that shows K1, K2-K3, K4-K5, K6, and F.

It's getting late, but I can scan one and sent it to you tomorrow. 9-10-05

My manual got trashed, but a 1974 should be a K-4. Check the steering stem for manufacture date. Good Luck :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

To Washington, Missouri, and Pennsylvania...thanks very much. I dissected quite a few wires this morning and got it running, but I lost the electric start in the process. That doesn't really break me heart as I was always "a kick start guy" anyway.

I love my Goldwing (got it all shined up for a "Toys For Tots Ride" tomorrow, but the old 750 is like a hobby kit for me. I still think the 750 was the technical wonder of it's time in terms of updating the approach to motorcycles in 1969, and altering the world market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.