Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1976 Goldwing 1000 LTD. It is not in the best shape but I have been working on it for the past 4 years. It is going slowly due to money and time. I am currently in college and working part time. Unfortunately my wife is making me sell it because we are planning on having a child. It has a clean title and runs. I can give you more details if you are interested. I am located in Erie PA and you will have to trailer the bike it does run but is not road ready yet. It still needs an exhaust system and that is the only reason I didn't get it inspected last year.

Some detail:

New head gaskets

Ignition coils

Repaired gas tank

New rear brake spring and switch

Repaired Carbs (matching numbers)

many more...

What it still needs:

New Paint (will include with bike)

New Seat

Choke Cable

Exhaust System

This bike is perfect for a restore most of the work is done just a few minor details to get a good running bike. I do have pictures and will post if requested. The motor does need some tuning but runs and turns over easily. If anyone isinterested pleaseemail or post a reply.I must go need themoney.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

What would be your asking price? Also, the mileage? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Don't really have a price yet I know what I have in it but don't know what is is worth. As for mileage I think it is over 50K but I will check tonight. Even if your not interested a good idea on a price would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

A Value is really hard to determine on these older bikes. Typically for a NON street ready GL 1000 I will never spend more than about 800. Things have to be really good for me to even think about a grand. On average for a bike that has been sitting I spend about 500-600.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well that is a little less then what I was expecting but makes since. I was thinking a grand but after you explanation I am just looking for an offer now. Anyway the mileage's is 37539 which matches the picture. There is one mile difference because like I said before it is running just needs an exhaust to pass inspection in PA. I did ride it around my block last year and that is where the mile came from. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like. Currently only the front Windjammer and rear saddle bags are on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

This is a picture of when I got the bike. It looks the same except for the exhaust now it only has the headers on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

If this was me I would finish it and get it ready for the spring sale. I had a 76 last year that looked exactly like that. I put patches on the exhaust and got it inspected and road worthy. I put about 500 miles on it and sold it for 2300. I had gone through everything and it was a sound bike. All 5 brake componentshad been rebuilt, New brake lines front and back, carbs completely overhauled, New timing belts, and fixed numerous wiring problems.

I paid 650 for it and worked on it for several months. Throw some Harley take off mufflers on it and used seat and a choke cable and get it on the road. Probably 150 more invested. Get some miles on it and list it locally on the first sunny 75 degree day and it will move.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.