Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay guys, I can't believe nobody want this true suvivior Goldwing.

A one owner bike with 31,000 miles. True it hasn't run in 20 years but it was put up right, with all the fluids drained etc.

It has a new battery and turns over but isn't getting fuel so it won't start.

The starter button is fried but I bought a new one, just can't work on it myself any more due to health issues. That and the fact I don't know much about Honda's being a Harley guy, heck I don't even work on my own anymore.

I know the owner of this bike loved it dearly and rode it alot when he was healthy.
He got sick, couldn't ride anymore but put it up covered it up and put it in his carport.
It stayed there until he died a couple years ago.

I am trying to sell it for his widow who doesn't know anything about its value and neither do I.
I know it's one of the first 2500 that were shipped over here and that it has a Full Vetter Fairing (one of the first) tour pack , windshield, saddlebags, radio, even a cigarette lighter.

Now I know around 600 of you guys looked at my add although I don't know if you saw the picture. I listed the picture with the last advert on page four.

I am going to try to post some more pictures as soon as i go over to the place where it is in storage. I don't know what it's worth but I know if it was a Harley , even being 40 to 50 years old it'd be worth SOMETHING.

This is a good bike to restore or just get running and back on the road. I know it's owner would like that. So anybody out there up for a challange or a project or to the right gut a easy reso, Call me lets talk, I'm home unless i'm out riding my new 2021 Freewheeler! But as hot as it's been I don't get out much.

Call Leonard at 863-640-4716 that's 863-640-4716.
If I don't answer please leave a message or leave a message on here and I'll get back to you.

Thanks a lot for listening and lets find a home for this old but once proud Goldwing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay guys, I can't believe nobody want this true suvivior Goldwing. A one owner bike with 31,000 miles. Tuye it hasn't run in 20 years but it was put up right, with all the fluids drained etc. It has a new battery and turns over but isn't getting fuel so it won't start. The starter button is fried but I bought a new one, just can't work onm it myself any more due to health issues. That and the fact I don't know much aboput Honda's being a Harley guy, heck I don't even work on my own anymore. I know the owner of this bike loved it dearly and rode it alot when he was healthy. He got sick, couldn't ride anymore but put it up covered it up and put it in his carport. It stayed there until he died a couple years ago. I am trying to sell it for his widow who doesn't know anything about its value and neither do I. I know it's one of the first 2500 that were shipped over here and that it has a Full Vetter Fairing (one of the first) tour pack , windshield, saddlebags, radioeven a cigerettwe lighter. Now I know around 600 of you guys looked at my add although I don't know if you saw the picture. I listed the picture with the last add on page four. I am going to try to post some more pictures as soon as i go over to the place where it is in storage. I don't know what it's worth but I know if it was a Harley , even being 40 to 50 years old it'd be worth SOMETHING. This is a good bike to restore or just get runnimg and back on the road. I know it's owner woul;d like that. So anybody out there up for a challange or a project or to the right gut a easy reso, Call me lets talk, I'm home unless i'm out riding my new 2021 Freewheeler! But as hot as it's been I don't get out much. Call Leonard at 863-640-4716 that's 863-640-4716. If I don't answer please leave a message or leave a message on hear and I'll get back to you. Thanks alot for listening and lets find a home for this old but once proud Goldwing. Did I say it was a 1976 GL 1000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it have gold colored wheels and chrome bits?
Chromed kick starter?
Well I believe it had Gold Mag type wheels but the gold all fell off. I also think you are talking about Chrome nipples which is ]t has, The bbike is a 1976, I traced the serial numbers both on the; steering neck and the motor and the rear suspension. At first I thought it wass a 75 because the owner always said it was one of the first ones sent over from Japan. But after a lot of research i believe it is a 76.

It is all there and in good shape except for some corrosion in the wires caused by water getting in from the last Hurricane. The area around the home was flooded. I am going to take some more pictures because i lost the onme i had when i bought a new phone this year. I also have to find out how to ge the pictures from the phone onto my computer. If yoou are interested yopu can call me at 863-640-47i16 Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
My opinion is that it is a 1976 LTD. This was a special model that they only made 2000 of.
I had 3 of them at one time, and wore one out and donated them all to the Classic Wing Club.
It was sort of a factory detailed bike that was, in it's time "special"
I will give you a call some time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My opinion is that it is a 1976 LTD. This was a special model that they only made 2000 of.
I had 3 of them at one time, and wore one out and donated them all to the Classic Wing Club.
It was sort of a factory detailed bike that was, in it's time "special"
I will give you a call some time.
If you decide to call , call in the afternoon, that's the best time to catch me. But .not tomorrow I have a DR. appt. Thanks for getting back to me so fast, I appreciate it. Where are you located? I'm in Central FL. I will stop by the bike on my way home tomorrow and get a couple pics. I did take the side gas tanks off while working on it and also the tour oak and saddlebags so I could get the seat off. But it is all there and a nice bike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
All the 1976 Gold Wing L.T.D.s I have seen were chocholate brown, with a matching seat. Had a L.T.D. emblem on the sidecovers. What color is your Gold Wing?
I remember back in the day a friend of mine bought a brand new red 1976 Kawasaki 900 L.T.D. Pretty bike, and I have never seen another like it.
gumbyredd

·
Administrator
27,524 Posts
Okay guys, I can't believe nobody want this true suvivior Goldwing.
Seems an odd way to begin since you apparently haven't advertized it here before. It would help a lot if you posted pictures and a location.

·
Premium Member
12,838 Posts
He does have photos posted in another of the forum threads here . It is Green with yellow . Does not appear to be factory color. The cast spoke wheels might be Lesters .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems an odd way to begin since you apparently haven't advertized it here before. It would help a lot if you posted pictures and a location.
I recieved your reply and I am sorry but I have posted this abouit 5 months ago. I am new to this website and an not very computor savvy. I have one picture which I have popsted here and don' have any other at this tiome. I bought a new phone and lst the pictures I had on the old phone. I am going to try to ge mre pictrees this weekend. In the meantime youu can look at tjis ome and can see the bike. I have taken the saddlebads aND TOURpak off so I could gett the seat off to trace some wires. Thanks for your reply. If your are interested contace me with any questions.

·
Administrator
27,524 Posts
I recieved your reply and I am sorry but I have posted this abouit 5 months ago. I am new to this website and an not very computor savvy. I have one picture which I have popsted here and don' have any other at this tiome. I bought a new phone and lst the pictures I had on the old phone. I am going to try to ge mre pictrees this weekend. In the meantime youu can look at tjis ome and can see the bike. I have taken the saddlebads aND TOURpak off so I could gett the seat off to trace some wires. Thanks for your reply. If your are interested contace me with any questions.
I am not interested myself, would be nice to know where it is so someone local could see it in person if they were though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not interested myself, would be nice to know where it is so someone local could see it in person if they were though.
All the 1976 Gold Wing L.T.D.s I have seen were chocholate brown, with a matching seat. Had a L.T.D. emblem on the sidecovers. What color is your Gold Wing?
I remember back in the day a friend of mine bought a brand new red 1976 Kawasaki 900 L.T.D. Pretty bike, and I have never seen another like it.
gumbyredd
Did you see the picture?
Sorry, te 1976 Honda Goldwing is located in Central Fl near Lakeland Fl. Any interesst please contact me. Lynyrd at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Let me suggest that you cross-post to ngwclub.com and classicgoldwings.com but I'm afraid it isn't worth that much. Evidence of water damage on it suggests that the water may have invaded engine internals which could have destroyed it. Even if it were close enough to Tennessee for me to be interested, I'm afraid that I would not offer more than a couple hundred - and that would be IF I could get it to bar over with the alternator bolt. The paint job and touring gear don't add value unless the bike is actually ready for touring.

Reactions: DaveO430
1 - 17 of 17 Posts