Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now this is a bit strange. I offered to help a friend get his "Classic" running again, maybe a winter project. So we pulled off the carbs to clean and repair. When the tops of carbs came off and were numbered for replacement the carb slide springs were different lengths and number of coils on 1&3 as opposed to 2&4.

Is this a result of some hack repair job or did Honda mix and match these springs.

If they should all be the same where do new ones come from?

Thanks
:confused:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
They should be the same length. Not only that they should have the same compression force, with a mismatched set like you describe I don't see how you could balance the carbs at all. You could try Randakk's Cycle Shack website about springs. He's really the top guy for GL1000s. He dosen't list the springs on his site but you might send him an email, it's pretty likely he could come up with a set.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Check the numbers, 77 s are supposed to be 764A. someone someone may have switched the tops and slides only.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,908 Posts
All gl1000 springs are the same. Hack job!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, I too felt they should be all the same. Maybe Randakk can come up with some aftermarket springs.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
pistol pete might be able to supply some too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.