Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a gas station yesterday and met this guy who just bought a 77 wing. He paid 4K for it and has 15k miles on it. He fllew to Maine and is riding it to San Diego, CA. He was heading for Colorado probably going thru MN., SD, and WY mostly by interstate. His name is Mark Chavis and says he has a face book page to chronicle the ride. I wished him the best of luck as we both headed on our ways. I also told him about this site. Maybe some one out west will see him. You can't miss him and he is wearing a red and white helmet.

Attachments

·
killer driller
781 Posts
good looking bike, I took the liberty of looking him up on FB, there are plenty of Mark Chavis's he'll be the one from Carlsburg California

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I messaged him a face book with a link to this message. It's always nice to see some the old wings still out there and in as good of shape as his. I hope he joins and tells us more about his trip. That is quite a ways to go from Maine to southern California

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I hope he does check in here. Might want to have those tires checked out before he gets too many miles on them. They have not made the E 2 in those sizes in quite a few years so I would be a bit concerned about their age and looking at the tread pattern of the back tire I "suspect" it is installed backwards???

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...direction of rotation is correct as pictured. Not backwards.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tires looked in good shape when I saw it. Hopefully we will here from him when he gets back. He said he expected to be back on 7/9/13. I am taking that he is stopping somewhere in between for a couple of days or more.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.