Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had my new (old) babyat a local repair shop specializing in Honda bikes being made road worthy since it had been sitting for better part of a year. It's the bike pictured in my profile, 25K miles. One of the issues is the water pump is bad, and the shop owner says he can't find a replacement for it. Anyone else have similar issue or have any guidance? I just want to ride it ASAP while we're having this beautiful late summer weather. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the1000 and 1100 use the same water pump. same water pump gasket an "o" ring set too. just don't for get to also get the oil pump shaft seal too.
not sure if the 1200 is the same or not.
recommend OEM pump from honda. western honda , online , is good too.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Looks like a really nice bike. Unfortunately, finding parts is a problem that all of us with older bikes have, and there is no easy answer. I have used used parts, I have had to repair parts that weren't meant to be repaired, I have had to modify parts form other bikes to fit, and have had to outright fabricate some parts from scratch. I sure wish Honda would support their products better, and considering the following the Goldwing has, I wish the aftermarket would too. Harley also doesn't still sell parts for their older bikes, but the aftermarket can supply you with anything you want. There are more parts available for a '60s Triumph than there are for the older Goldwings.

Well that was easy. SOME parts are still available. If a part is still available, someone on here probably knows where to get it.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

All the Goldwing flat fours use the same water pump.
The latest part number is 19200-MG9-681 which is available from Mother Honda and online sellers.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

dsmastern, Ken, Jerry, wda-83 thanks for your input! I took the bull by the horns and found and purchased the water pump and gaskets- put 200 miles on my truck doing it to expedite shipping. I picked up the completely repaired bike today and I just got back from my first evening solo country ride. WHAT A BLAST. I love my Wing, affectionately now known as 'Bluebird' The venture continues...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.