Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Both sets complete, no broken pin mounts, not very dirty compared to others I have seen but still need rebuilding.

$100. each set, plus shipping with insurance. Pay Pal add $5.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the years of the 1100 carbs ? 80-81 or 82-83 ? any pics ?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

From what I remember they are from an 81. I will see about getting a photo in a day or two.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

1100 carb.s are from an 81.

I will see about getting photos soon.

ADDED: One thing I had forgotten about onthe 78 carb.s is that one of the vac. slider caps is dinged.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

A reply to a recent PM:

Define "work". Yes, they will bolt on a 76 and the bike will run, but it will not run as good as it would with 76 carb.s on it. If your current carb.s are fully shot (like incomplete, corroded, or have broken/missing parts) then these might get you through until you find the correct ones. Ones from a 75 or 77 would be a closer match. BTW: If these were 75-77 I would be asking twice as much.

These were on a 77 I bought; the bike ran with the 78sbut it had been sitting so it had issues (this is why I said they need a rebuild). That bike came with the correct 77s in a box, but they were VERYNASTY inside, and it had a float pin snapped on one.I rebuilt the 77s, including fixing the pin, and the bike ran great. These 78s should be easy comaired to the 77s.

Please note that I added that one of the vac slider caps is dinged, but the rest of the set are good.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.