Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently pulled a Vetter fairing off of this thing and assorted other junk that hadn't been wired in neatly, and I've figured most everything else out, but I can't figure out why I have .1V (max) to one of the terminals in the headlight connector. The manual (factory) doesn't have a wiring schematic and the fuse is good...I'm lost at where to start trying to hunt down the wires.

All the stuff in the light switch on the bars is working (turn signal switch, horn) but I can't really tell with the headlight as I haven't torn it apart to check.

I'm looking for a harness connector where I might be able to check for voltage for the headlight, between the fuse and the headlight connector. Any clues would be great.

----------------

Oh, I've only been perusing here for about a week, and I just got my GL1000, dern fuel prices. But its going along fairly well save for that. This appears to be a pretty great site, I've gathered a fair bit of info here.

--T

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

ElvisTorino,

Welcome to the "WGGWWS" !!

I'm not good with "wiring or the 1000's but some one will be ny soon who is, probably "Twisty" or "Jason" etc!

Since you're in "Roswell, NM" I'm sure it's a "UFO" that shut your headlight down,LOL!:baffled: Couldn't resist that one, you knew it was coming,huh?!

I live a stone throw away from "Area 51" so we're even! good luck! Pete

PS you can go to "nakedgoldwings.com" and ask there, it's mostly 1000's!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Here's the current (no pun intended) situation.

I have voltage (battery) to the headlight plug. I have a good ground to the headlight plug.

When I plug in the headlight assy, they all appear to go to ground, no voltage. When I jump the light to the battery it lights.

I have a Halogen H4 bulb that I'm using. Is this the problem? If so, can someone recommend a solution?

--T

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Sounds like yoou've answered your own question,

Bulb good

Wiring to bulb connection good.

Replace bulb connector, probably an internal short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.