Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good Morning All,

Perhaps one of you might assist me. I have been looking for a passenger backrest to bolt on a 1978 GL1000, without much success. The only model I have found so far comes with no padding and the vendor is proud of it (based on the price). Any leads will be greatly appreciated. I have included a picture of the bike to provide a visual ofwhat I am trying to do (given the current seat that is installed).

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Don
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
imported post

nice looking bike... I am very fond onf my '78... back in those days there were lots of bolt on sissy bar type back rests and the had various ways of bolting on... have you tried JCWhitney, or even sabre-cycle as they might have something you are looking for... if I remember right, most bolted to the top of the shock bolts, although some needed a luggage rack to connect to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
imported post

Ebay might be a good source... there are a lot of rear racks that have backrests incorporated.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey DMOXLEY :byebye:Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: Thats a lovely wing you have there. :clapper:If i could locate something like that i could give my old Honda 50 a rest. :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Ebay might be a good source... there are a lot of rear racks that have backrests incorporated.

Hi Marco,

Thanks, I have been keeping an eye on eBay looking for something, but right now the pickin's are lean. I checked J.C. based on another comment sent in and unfortunately they do not cater to GL1000 for backrests. No problem . . . I'll keep looking.



Thanks . . . Don
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey DMOXLEY :byebye:Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: Thats a lovely wing you have there. :clapper:If i could locate something like that i could give my old Honda 50 a rest. :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:

Thanks . . . it has been fun bringing this one up to what you see today. It used to look like . . .
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
imported post

DMOXLEY wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Ebay might be a good source... there are a lot of rear racks that have backrests incorporated.

Hi Marco,

Thanks, I have been keeping an eye on eBay looking for something, but right now the pickin's are lean. I checked J.C. based on another comment sent in and unfortunately they do not cater to GL1000 for backrests. No problem . . . I'll keep looking.



Thanks . . . Don
Here's some that I found on ebay...

4556999018

4557153207

4546223312

4546223354

Corbin also makes an excellent leather seat for the GL1000 that costs $220 with backrest hardware built-in for both passenger and driver. The backrests are a bit spendy though.

Here's what my seat looks like... I'm still saving for the backrest, which costs just as much as the seat!
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

axelwik wrote:
DMOXLEY wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Ebay might be a good source... there are a lot of rear racks that have backrests incorporated.

Hi Marco,

Thanks, I have been keeping an eye on eBay looking for something, but right now the pickin's are lean. I checked J.C. based on another comment sent in and unfortunately they do not cater to GL1000 for backrests. No problem . . . I'll keep looking.



Thanks . . . Don
Here's some that I found on ebay...

4556999018

4557153207

4546223312

4546223354

Corbin also makes an excellent leather seat for the GL1000 that costs $220 with backrest hardware built-in for both passenger and driver. The backrests are a bit spendy though.

Here's what my seat looks like... I'm still saving for the backrest, which costs just as much as the seat!

Thanks for the help with eBay . . . the seat looks great!



Don
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top