Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I tried hard to get this cycle running. It ran for a while, and after replacing
many parts, it died on a test run. I believe the engine is locked up.
I'm looking for someplace to sell it that wants it for parts. I don't expect much,
maybe $100. I have a new starter motor, never installed. Also a new
starter solenoid. I've put a lot of work into trying to get it up. It has
new throttle cables, new fuel filter, cleaned out fuel pump, functional brakes.
Over $1000 in parts put into it. Nice tach and speedo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

Yuo can get that for the vetter, part it out or find a good motor, that is far to fin a bike to give away. Dana

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Edit you first post and bump that price up. Heck, for 100 bucks I'll hook up my trailer right now!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Do you really want to part w/it??!! I'm local,if you need a hand,getting it back on the road.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Geez $100.00 ..:shock:..you would pay upwards of $1000.00 down here in OZ even with a siezed motor. Looking at one the other week totally rusted out wreck been sitting out side for years guy still wanted $800.00 for it.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

I will come and get it this week just tell me where to be and when. I am serious; if you are. I live in St. Louis and will come to get it asap.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Go get it, Matt!

I'll let you store it in my shed.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

As a former president says , I feel your pain . Its sad you have put forth so much effort only to be let down by the bike . These old bikes do take a lot of love to get going if they have been neglected , but once repaired they normally give back many years of service .

You say it was runnning and then quit on a test ride . Did it make any particular strange noise when it quit ? I wonder did a valve stick open or a belt brake ( same effect ). If it only was locked up after sitting a bit , it could be carbs leaking and caused a hydrualic lock ( filled a cylinder with gasoline) . For that ,pull the plugs and make sure the handle bar KILL switch is in the OFF position ,next put a rag over the exposed spark plug holes,then try to crank it over .

But it sounds as though your done :(. I hope you find a new home who is ready to tackle a project . I know I would be all over one like that if it was in my area .

You really might consider giving Alwing17 a call to take him up on his offfer to help .

Not steal your post but.....

:waving:Hello and Welcome to alwing17 . Thats a fine offer for a first posting . Good to have you here . I hope you enjoy the forums .

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Thanks,Mike...New to this forum,and still have to do my intro! I see quite a few NGW members here,of which I am also a member. I want to help this person out if I can...Hydro-lock,or a broken belt,blown main fuse,etc. Could be anything.:)

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

I'm hoping not, either way! I have been watching for one but don't have much money so thought I had found one I could rebuild.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.