Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Goldwingers,
Has anyone swapped out there mechanical Dash Gauges on there 78-79's for Digital Gauges?
And if you have what did you use.
Thanks.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Why would you want to do that?
Are your gauges not working?

Just my thoughts on digital gauges:

Yes they're more accurate but you have to read them which takes your concentration away from the job at hand which is surviving on two wheels.

Analog gauges on the other hand can be scanned at a glance leaving you more time for the job of surviving to ride another day.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ken,
Thanks for the input,but it didn't answer my question. My gauges work fine but I Iike to change things up a little. If you see my wing it's a little different from a regular wing and I also like gadgets and making old things look modern. I was just qurious if someone had swapped out there analog for digital and if they did what did they use and did they have to modify them in any way? Yes analog is easier to read and probably safer, but they look like kaka from the 70's.also at night you can barely see them and I changed the bulbs recently. On my KZ1000 I put Koso RS-2 digital gauges on it and it looks awesome and looks cool. I am going to put this on my wing and want the cluster to match. Check out this link on YouTube to see the kz with the gauges i'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the link:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Go over to the naked goldwings site and check the underground customizing section in the forums there. A number of guys are doing just that with digital gauges on the custom goldwings.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Buddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.