Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I guess my arms are too short. I have the bars pulled back as far as they will go and still it seems i still need to stretch my arms out.
I've looked at a bunch of risers on the internet and ebay but, i can't see how they would fit. Anyone who has a set mounted, I would like to see a picture, or a brand to buy that would fit.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

There are risers and there are also kick backs. Basically you remove you're caps and set them on and use longer bolts. I might have some laying around. If you are interested shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Top ones are kick back and risers. The bottom ones are just Risers

Ooops!! Vice Versa!! must have been my dyslexia

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

If the OP isn't interested in the bottom set I might be. Do you have the bolts to o with them?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Sorry but I am pretty sure they are sold. He is supposed to let me know by the end of the week. I will scrounge around and see if I have any more.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

That bottom set is what I used to have on an old 750. I wish I still had them as they would fit the 7/8th inch bars on a 1000 or 1100 GL.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

My friend with a 1975 Goldwing had the same problem. He swapped the stock bars with later Goldwing bars. I am sure the Gl1100 bars would work. They come further back towards you.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

The 78 and 79 bars are taller and sweep back a bit differently also.The brake line and the electrical cables would need to be checked for available slack.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks Steve for sending out the kick back risers. I'll let you know how they work out.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I've gotten the handle bars from a interstate, they will work fine. All the cables reach, and so can I.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Glenn

Sorry for not getting back to you. I did look and I do not have anymore of either set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.