Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I picked up a Cycle Trader magazine today while I was riding and there was an ad for a 1979 Goldwing with only 750 miles. I don't know if anybody is interested but the add reads original tires, brakes, paint., service interval stickers on speedo & tach, tool kit, owners manual, 1982 inspection, rebuilt carbs/brakes, new battery, no dryrot, runs perfectly, collectors dream, $6500.00--704-606-0938. It is shown as being in Charlotte, N.C. The picture shows the bike with a Vetter faring and hard bags. This sounds a little high but what do I know about prices on classic bikes. I can't download a picture at this time or I would send it.:dance::dance::dance::dance:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

There's a bunch of them on "Walnecks Classic Cycle Trader"(google) there's also a 75 Norton on there!

And a couple of "CBX 1000 6 cylinders"

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Service Interval stickers??? Doesn't have enough miles for service. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
Service Interval stickers??? Doesn't have enough miles for service. :action:
That is for sure!! :clapper:I always thought that you bought a motorcycle to ride!! :cheeky1:750 miles in 26 years :cheeky1:WOW :cheeky1:I guess that is so we can buy a low milage bike a quarter century later. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

I understand that this is a Goldwing forum, and not a Harley home page. But these bikes just don't normally hold that kind of value. Could be wrong, but that sounds like almost twice the original sticker price.

To each thier own, I'm sure somebody will find the reason to pay for it. Never thought about buying Honda's for the investment potential..... :grinner: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

You don't buy a Harley for an investment either because you pay for the "Resale Value" up front when you buy it !:baffled:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
I understand that this is a Goldwing forum, and not a Harley home page.:gunhead:
Well said Shooter. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.