Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am rebuilding my 1980 1100i goldwing. I have access to a new exhaust system from a 1984 1200 Aspencade. Does anyone know if it would fit? I look forward to as much advice as I can get.

Thanks

Gavin in BCdocument.write('/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif');

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It should fit on the engine end but might not line up on the muffler hanger bolt. I think you could make an adapter easily enough to make it fit but wait until someone who knows for sure to come along.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Paul, thanks. I will continue to wait and see. I am putting an 82 engine in it, and taking my time to be sure I get it right.

Gavin

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

Probably not as there is not much interchangability between the 1100 and the 1200. You might have better luck going the other way, down to a 1000, or aftermarket. In case you don't know 1975-1979 is 1000, 1980-1983 is 1100 and 1984-1988? is 1200, after that is 6 cylinders. A lot of parts interchange between 1000 and 1100 but not beyond that.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

On my 1983 GL110A

A bit of info - I bought an 82 left and it would not match up the crossover tube. It would bolt up correctly on the left by itself, but it would not mate the crossover correctly to assemble both sides and crossover as one item.
So, in other words, the 83's are not interchangeable "as is" with 82-81-80's. I just hacksawed off some and used a flex pipe to mate the crossovers.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

byronicman wrote:
On my 1983 GL110A

A bit of info - I bought an 82 left and it would not match up the crossover tube. It would bolt up correctly on the left by itself, but it would not mate the crossover correctly to assemble both sides and crossover as one item.
So, in other words, the 83's are not interchangeable "as is" with 82-81-80's. I just hacksawed off some and used a flex pipe to mate the crossovers.
So would a complete exhaust from an 81 an 82bolt up to an 83 ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.