Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have stripped and cleaned the carbs on my 1980 gl1100 UK bike and set the pilot mixture jets to11/2 turns out as per manual.

Connecting my c.o. meter to the exhaust i have a reading of approx 1.5 ppm c.o.

does any body knowthe c.o. setting, i would have have thought that a setting of 4>, (remember this is aUK bike),would be more likely on this year of manufacture.

I drilled a hole and welded 10mm nuts to each ofthe exhausts from the cylinder head, these are then sealed with a 10mm bolt.

The bolts are then removed for the CO meter probe theni can get each cylinder reading all the same, it really does make it run smoother at the bottom end.

kevin

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

My bike has a sticker on the frame, under the exhaust on the right side but mines a '82. Do they really test emissions on a 29 year old bike in the UK ?.My Clymer manual only tells of doing a carb sync after setting the idle mixture screws.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No we don't test any motorcycles for emissions at the moment.

I was just wanting to know if any body new what the setting was .

The 11/2 turns out i know is only a starting point but the difference between each cylinder is quite a lot,using the cometer you can get it spot on, on each of thecylinders.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

You need to preform an idle drop by adjusting the pilot screws, it is listed in the manual .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.