Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My recently resurrected GL 1100 has provided me with about 3000 miles of enjoyment since mid to late August. During this time, I've noticed that the temp gauge tends to stay very much in the upper blue portion when being ridden-it never really comes out of the cold/blue area. When I'm in stop and go in the city, it registers on the lower end of the middle and appears to be fine. The fan does function and will click on when it gets to the middle/higher end of the middle. It doesn't go on while riding (though how in the **** would I know? I tend to not contort myself to look. Plus it's about 40 degrees out lately).

Before the first big trip it took, I redid the water pump (OEM! I aint no fool) along with some new radiator hoses and a new radiator cap (timing belts were done before as well) and some other assorted stuff. The bike doesn't feel like it's doing anything wrong per say, so is this just a finicky gauge giving me wrong info or is this something to be worried about?

It has almost 44K.

Thanks all! You folks are great.

-Huxley

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
If the fan comes on and goes off when you think it should, my bet would be a faulty gauge or sending unit.,,

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The only true way to know is to use a know good hand held thermometer. infer red work well, if you have access to one.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
My 1500 temp has not made it out of the blue or cool area this fall either. We have been in the 40's also. I think your bike is fine. Do you feel a lot of excessive heat coming off the engine? if not, then I say your bike is operating fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.