Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone.

I had a friend of mine do my last oil change, and he did bot get the "boss" nuts on the Oil Filter Cover lined up with Water pump. I knew when he was doing it, that something had to be liined up, but i just could not remember. After I re-read the manual. There it was. OOPS!

Will this huyrt the Engine any way? Could it be the problem that is keeping my Netural light from going off? I have anotherNeutral Switch on a parts bike that I am going to pull, clean it, and install it.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Smarter people than me will chime in shortly, but I was under the impression that the "boss" nut to which you refer is only there to prevent the canister from rotating and coming loose.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

If you are talking about the two little ears that stick up on the rim of the oil filter canister..they are just there to lock the canister in place on the nub that sticks out of the front casing at the rim of the oil filter mounting point to ..keep it from spinning as said above.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

RB,

Thanks,

I will get it fixed asap.

Nightrider1

RB wrote:
If you are talking about the two little ears that stick up on the rim of the oil filter canister..they are just there to lock the canister in place on the nub that sticks out of the front casing at the rim of the oil filter mounting point to ..keep it from spinning as said above.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Not lining the marks up will have no effect on your neutral light. Is there a chance that the wire from your neutral switch got trapped or pinched under the cover?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.