Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am stripping down the peripherals on my 1980 GS1100. I think after stripping I'm going to be heading in the naked direction with it. I am on a tight budget though, and am in need of some parts, so I figured that it can't hurt to list some of the things I'm not going to use. I don't have pictures of the parts off the bike(not yet) but they can be seen in the pictures below.
Items now available:
-Luggage-rack
-Locking luggage-box mounts
-Rear bag guards and fire-truck thing(some reflector/lights will need replacement)
-Engine rash guards w/highway pegs(If price is right, not in a hurry to be rid of them.)
-Main gauges(Standard ones, not fairing ones, though those are up for grabs. The fairing ones are extremely rough, but the regular ones have no damage, bulbs good, etc. They still work and without a problem)
-Left side plastic fairing "pocket."(will need new leather cover)
-Driver floorboards/Heel-toe shifter
-Clarion 1 radio system(ace is rough(see picture), but metal unit from inside the fairing/wiring is good.)
-Headlight(with hood and adjustment knob/screw)
-Emblems(Have most of them, fairing/bag emblems, side-cover,etc)
-metal Fairing-mounts(possibly. Have double-check to see what kind of shape they are in once I get them off.)
-Front turn signals/brackets
-stock mufflers
-spedo cable
-tach cable
-rear shocks
-Don't know if there's a turn-signal sending unit separate in the bike(as opposed to built into other parts of the system), but if someone needs one and can point the way, I'm not going to be running turn-signals, so let me know.

Everything is best offer or trade. I am in need of some stuff for my build. Likely will be buying cables and tires, but who knows. Hand control housing for both sides is pretty shot, so could probably use some... Stock driver pegs/shifter, sissy-bar, etc. Open to random bike building stuff too, since my direction with the bike is still somewhat open- soft bags, non-oem seat, etc. Can't hurt to check. Anyway, some pictures of the stuff still on the bike:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Clarion 1 radio system is what you have.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Much obliged. Edited the listing.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Razgriz, I am interested inthe front and rear floor boards and the heel toe shifter. If they are still available,could youlet me know what you are asking? Thanks luverofvicki.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
imported post

Can I get some pics of the radio. What are you asking for it? I would like the radio, and associated fairing mounted electronics that go with it. Thank.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Was that GL1100 french fry? I noticed the temp gage in the dash at 120+++ F.

Good idea to make it a naked wing.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Bri-Guy-GA, I will definitely get you some pictures. As far as price, I'm not fixed on one, so whatever it's worth to you.

Sandcastcb,
The bike was in the garage during a house-fire. Got some serious heat in her vicinity. Not as bad as it could have been though. You can see the write up under "Dalia."

Raz

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

pm sent

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I have the rear tail light assembly with the turn signals. You will need it if you are going to set it up naked. I'd trade it to you for that bumper (rear bags surround). And the licence plate mount.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Pm's sent out. Sorry for slow responses. Things here are crazy at the moment.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Are you still parting out the bike? Do you have the sissy bar or any pictures?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I did see that, but I figured it was worth a shot. Never know when a project gets put on the back burner.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

do you still have the left side pocket ? my cover is ripped and i need to replace . if you still have it what do you want ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.