Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all. A few weeks ago I removed the rear axle, wheel, diff etc from my 1980 GL1100I. I thought I had correctly remembered the order of things but I'm not sure anymore.

I have installed them in the following order, starting with the left side:

Large flat washer, caliper support bracket, distance piece that fits into bearing, wheel, differential & lastly the axle nut.

I am not sure about the position of the large flat washer. Does it go on the left side or the right side of the caliper support bracket? I don't think it goes way over on the diff side, just before the axle nut.

All helpful suggestions greatly appreciated. I have looked in my Honda Service Manual, Clymer manual & Haynes manual but didn't see a useful pic.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

you got it right. jb

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

Hey Oldgoat, I had the same deal when I changed my wheel bearings. If you log onto bikebandit.com they have good pictures in the OEM Parts diagram for your bike. I know cause I have the same one. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you JB & JR for taking the time to respond. As my disc is centered in the caliper mount slot, I guess I have that large flat washer in the correct position.

Cheers, OG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.