Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everybody

Ihave a 1981 gw from my dad andI would like to know if anybody knows what the gauge is that is on the dash/windsheild. it houses four of them and I know that one is a clock,one a Amp.gauge,and one is a Altimeter but the last one I have now clue. it is some kind of temp gauge but for what? it goes from -20 to 120 deg F. and when it is hot out here about 90 deg F, it runs about in the 110 range. any help would be great.

Thank you

Baja65 / Fred K

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

baja65 wrote:
Hi Everybody

Ihave a 1981 gw from my dad andI would like to know if anybody knows what the gauge is that is on the dash/windsheild. it houses four of them and I know that one is a clock,one a Amp.gauge,and one is a Altimeter but the last one I have now clue. it is some kind of temp gauge but for what? it goes from -20 to 120 deg F. and when it is hot out here about 90 deg F, it runs about in the 110 range. any help would be great.

Thank you

Baja65 / Fred K
Sounds like an aftermarket add on. Does it look like this?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Nah, some of the Hondaline fairings had a 4 gauge cluster in them. You see them on ebay from time to time. I just don't see one now. If it's -20 to 120 degree F than it must be air temp. Of course in AZ, it may get pegged out during the Summer!

Raymond

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

No, but the digital one looks good it is a analog gauge, It could be a air temp sitting in the morning it reads about 97 deg f, right now I was not sure if it was a Oil, or head temp, or something I should watchout for and not ride if it is to high.

Thank you Fred

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Baja,

I have an '82 Interstate with a 4 guage cluster across the fairing. from left to right the instruments are:

Volt Meter
Outside Temp.
Altimeter
clock

You may be missing the outside temp guage. Photo attached. Hope this helps.

Diego

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Diego wrote:
Baja,

I have an '82 Interstate with a 4 gauge cluster across the fairing. from left to right the instruments are:

Volt Meter
Outside Temp.
Altimeter
clock

You may be missing the outside temp gauge. Photo attached. Hope this helps.

Diego
Hey Diego, that's a pretty snazzy looking panel! Ever think of swapping the altimeter for an oil pressure gauge?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you Diego

Now I know, I do have that gauge I was not sure what it was reading because it peg alot of the time. :X :)So that will explains it and that does help I did not what to have a melt down on something. ;)Around here it can get 125+ deg f coming from the pavement. That is why night riding is a plus. I just ride back and forth to work mainly during the week, so riding in that weather in not too bad.:gunhead:and on weekends we head :walker:up north to the mountains where it is about 30+ deg cooler.

Thank you again Diego

Baja65/Fred K

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

exavid,

An Oil Pressure gauge w/b smart, but I hike and climb a fair bit in California, so the Alti adds to the "cool points" about the bike that I really like. Helps a bit too when I'm looking for trailheads.

Diego

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.