Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got tired of this Vetter fairing. Ready to put front of Wing back to a standard. Looking for sources for light and mounts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

Check EBAY,This and other GL sites.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

On my 75 GL1000 when I removed the faring I ended up using the complete headlight bucket assembly from a 75 CB750. It bolted right on and looks identical to other headlight buckets I have seen on other Standard GL's

Fortunately the original owner had left the original headlight mounting ears in place under the faring. The original directionals had been used on the faring and I just transplanted them back to the original position.

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

1000 and 1100 buckets are different

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I am not concerned about them being OEM. I may have to fabricate the ears. The ones I did see for sale looked real cheesy. I am considering getting a fancy chrome one like the Valk. Wanted to get rid of that fairing for couple years. Just don't know where to look for parts. Some ok ones on E bay.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ok got the ears for $20 w/shipping. Will keep hunting on Ebay.

Now I got signals for $20 total. The bucket cost me $35 w/ shipping, though.

So, I got it covered, I think. Thanks. I don't know if I should sell the Vetter fairing mount, or use it to put huge air horns on :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

take it off, bike will look better.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I got screwed on the headlight bucket. It was'nt on the shelve. I went w/ a gl 1000 bucket 'cuz there was many. Not one other for an 1100. Hoping to make bucket work on the Vetter headlight. A vendor link on this site wanted $300 for a full Standard conversion. Not ready to spend that kind of coin yet. I do love this Wing, just not as much as I love eating. It is a fair price for such hard to find parts. Now I just need a new front brake resevoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.